Geeze! Someone really decided that week 8 was a good time to
need to draw a pint of blood for tests??? Seriously? Someone neglected to tell
the doctors that this is the time when the mom is also trying to increase blood
volume by 30-50% and already have super low blood pressure and various symptoms
related to trying to make more blood…?
The doctor was fine with not doing an ultrasound since it is
really only for accurate aging and to see where in the uterus it is implanted…
and I know the age and haven’t had any symptoms of ectopic pregnancy. The
nurses however, had serious issues with it and thought I was crazy… dangit. The
doc did convince me that I should do the first trimester screening for genetic
abnormalities and such, which includes an ultrasound (only way to get a good
estimate for Down Syndrome) and a blood draw.
It was great to have Andrei at my first real appointment and
the nurse went very ooey gooey over how supportive and sweet and happy we were.
She told him he has to do all the cleaning and cooking- I intervened and told
her we always like to share things, but that I would indeed certainly let him
play with all our cleaning chemicals :-)
Let me tell you- pregnancy and teeth are a bad combination.
I already had slightly questionable teeth (probably from no floride as a kid,
maybe just genes), but a chunk of teeth just spontaneously fell out, yes, a
small chunk… not a tooth, not a filling, just a piece… while eating yogurt… so
then we come to the fun that is going to the dentist when pregnant. They gave
me a filling BUT without anesthesia because you can’t have any when you are
pregnant! How rough is that!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment